Children’s Writer & Educator
Phone: (713) 446-8903
I’m an author and educator based in Houston, Texas. I teach part time and write mostly children’s stories. I love what I do.
- I grew up in New Jersey and thought that everyone in Texas rode a horse. I was kind of disappointed when I realized I needed a car.
- I’ve lived in Houston since 1983 and raised my two boys here. Now I am Nana to the most adorable little native Texans ever! Both their Pops and I agree.
- I’ve been in education for more years than I’d like to say, but still love working with kids.
- I have been writing for as long as I can remember. When we were supposed to be doing math in school, I was writing poems about how much I hated math.
- As a kid, I wrote stories and poems for almost every occasion. Some were decent, but most were pretty bad. That didn’t deter me. I still like writing poems for family and friends.
- I also write short stories for both kids and adults. I giggle when I write my adult stories.
- I LOVE doing school author visits.
- One of my great pleasures is wandering the aisles in book stores. I used to stop in book stores and say to myself “I could do that!”
- And then…my friend Ellen Rothberg and I put the pedal to the metal and entered a contest for picture book writers. We won!
- Don’t Eat the Bluebonnets was our first book, followed by Hayfest, A Holiday Quest, and then Bully in the Barnyard.
- And of course, I LOVE school author visits!
- Chocolate and dogs are among my favorite things. Snakes are not. (Sorry, snake lovers, it’s just a fact.)
- I like to travel and get inspiration from other cultures. But I over pack. Every time.
- I am a Houston Astros fan.
- Did I mention I LOVE doing school author visits? :)